Guagua pichincha new
- Category: Ecuador Easier mountains
- Published: Thursday, 15 November 2018 20:22
- Written by OLA sales
- Hits: 106
- Type of Adventure: Day trek to Volcano Guagua Pichincha situated above Quito
- Physical rating: 6-8 Trek to the summit of Guagua Pichincha with maximum elevation of 4800m Basic level of fitness needed - Sense of adventure more important.
- Adventure rating: 5-7 This can be an easy 45 minute minute trek or a full day of extreme Andean exploring - you decide.
- Adventure Highlights: Views of Quito. High Andean views of the surrounding volcanoes. Summiting Guagua Pichincha (4800m). Looking down into an active volcano.
- Guagua Pichincha is an active volcano (meaning baby in Quechua) situated over 4800m above Quito. This volcano makes a great day trek for those wishing to alcimitise and is a wonderful way to escape the city for a day of high Andean adventure.
- Approximate itinerary. We are flexible to your needs…
- 06:00 - Leave Quito heading for south past the Virgin de Quito.
- 07:00 - 08:00 Start the 4800m climb by 4x4 high into the Andes, lots of time to stop and get great photos of Quito and the surrounding volcanoes
- 08:00 - 11:00 Arrive at the high climbers refuge, time to start our trek or climb to the summit...
- 11:00 - 12:00 Packed lunch high on the Volcano 12:00 - 14:00 Return to Quito for a late afternoon snack and to toast our sucsseful ascent.
Mode of Transport. We will be traveling in a fully expedition equipped Toyota Land Cruiser 4×4. The Land Cruiser is both safe and comfortable and has legendary off road capabilities. On board we carry a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, maps, tools, GPS. The vehicle will be driven by a UK trained and licensed truck/coach driver with many years of experience driving expeditions throughout Latin America.
Your guide. This adventure we be guided and driven by a qualified mountain guide with many years of expedition experienced in Ecuador an Latin America. We always provide off the beaten track type adventure with a high European standard of safety. What’s included?
- Transport in a safe and comfortable 4×4, with plenty of space for you and your bags.
- Trained and experienced Mountain Guide will lead all of the treks.
- Entrance on to the hot springs.
- Personal snacks and drinks
- Lunch ($5 -$10)
What to bring?
- Walking boots or strong trekking type shoes.
- Waterproof jacket.
- Sun glasses.
- Sun cream.
- Sense of adventure…!
Cost… Only $55 per person! Need more information…?
- Would you like to reserve a space?
- Still not sure yet?
- Have more detailed questions check out FAQ?
- Please do not hesitate to call or email…. English Spoken
Contact us now for you Ecuador Adventure
', '', 1, 5, 0, 34, '2008-10-24 17:41:05', 62, '', '2008-12-14 21:05:55', 62, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '2008-10-24 17:41:05', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '', '', 'show_title=\nlink_titles=\nshow_intro=\nshow_section=\nlink_section=\nshow_category=\nlink_category=\nshow_vote=\nshow_author=\nshow_create_date=\nshow_modify_date=\nshow_pdf_icon=\nshow_print_icon=\nshow_email_icon=\nlanguage=\nkeyref=\nreadmore=', 6, 0, 16, 'guagua pichincha ecuador', 'Great view of Guagua-Pichincha-Ecuador book now with OLA', 0, 962, 'robots=\nauthor=');