- Thanks once again for your great work Mel loved South America! Cheers.
- Adriana (Italy, 19 Oct 2011)
- We are just returning from our trip (which was wonderful!!!!) and I wanted to send you an email to say thank you. Our trip was amazing, and everyone - including yourself - helped sort out the flight snafu with such kindness - especially at the last minute! I really appreciate your patience and attentiveness throughout the whole booking process.
- I look forward to using your services when we return to South America! Cheers.
- Amy Zipper (UK,)
- I wasn’t interested in being “looked after”, but Patricio was always available for questions. I don’t really like the traditional guided tour where you feel like a herded sheep. I rather liked the “expert friend” version of guided tours that Patricio provided, this is without going into all that Patricio Tisalema has achieved.
Frances Wison (Cornwall, UK)
- Ditto to all! (the above) We had an excelente time with OLA Ecuador.
Ed & Susan, USA. 01 Jun 2008
- Right at the start of our 15,000 mile solo trip a few years back we bumped into Jon whilst doing some planning in the South American Explorers Club. What a find! Not only is Jon a top form good bloke, he knows loads of stuff! Over a period of days whilst we waited for our landy to arrive Jon shared his extensive knowledge and experience of travel through South America with us and pointed us in the direction of some really great off the beaten track treats. If Jon is guiding you we are sure you’ll have a great time!
Heather Nick Mayer ( http://www.overlandy.com) Katie Gilliamon. 09 Sep 2011.
- If you are going to Ecuador, you must let Alfredo take you on an adventure. Whether you are going to the jungle, the mountains or the coast, trust me when I say you need to let Alfredo take you. I cannot say enough about how great he is! My brother and I had gone to Ecuador in January and rented a car for a week and travelled around some ourselves. However, this trip was so much better. My father and brothers and I recently booked him for a tour across the Andes to go whitewater rafting in Tena. We didn’t really have an agenda other than getting to our destination for rafting and we were very flexible. The trip, which would have been boring if we had simply taken a bus or a taxi, was incredible. We stayed a night at the hot springs in Papallacta. We also stayed in a jungle retreat (suggested by Alfredo) which in itself was worth the trip. And the rafting company that he suggested was awesome. It was truly amazing and all because of Alfredo. He is extremely knowledgeable and a really good driver (which is rare in Ecuador). Whether you want to take a paragliding flight in Canoa, surf or hike through the jungle, you really should get Alfredo. I feel as though he is part of the family. We all were very sad to have to part with him after the three-day adventure. Even if you just wanted to tour around Quito, I would recommend you get him even if just for a day. The only negative thing is that once you have Alfredo as your guide, you will never want to travel again without him.
David Todd, UK. 14 Jan 2012.
- The 3 days we spent with you Alfredo were an amazing experience.Although we were apprehensive of using a guide the whole experience was wonderful We feel we got to see the real Ecuador, the part travellers just dont have the time to find.The local places you took us to eat were very special and the ideas you came up with for us as a family felt very personal .We would recommend you to families,young travellers ,older travellers and also the well seasoned traveller.Your knowledge of the local area and the local people was vast and this made our time in the high Andes trouble free and exciting.So a BIG THANK-YOU Alfredo you are a very exciting and interesting guy who will be definitely travelling with us again.
Kevin Callaby, USA. 28 Dec. 2010
- Thanks Carlos for the great Quilotoa Loop trip in beginning of December !
- For anyone planning a trip with OLA: you will be well taken care of and learn loads about Ecuador on the way. Well worth the money to arrange this with OLA Adventures. If you are lucky you have sunshine along the way, and Carlos is always keen on getting you the best pictures. Nothing is any trouble.
Stacey Kurtz USA. 12th Dec. 2010
- We cannot recommend Alfredo highly enough – he really was just fab. Cheers.
Jen & Charlie, Australia. 10th May 2009
- Jairo was great and I really appreciated his suggestions and patience.
Mariann O'Keefe, USA. 22nd June 2009
- We had an absolutely wonderful time on the trip! The crew was very friendly and helpful. I especially liked the captain and the cook. We saw so many animals (manta rays, blue footed boobies, sea lions) and were very pleased. Our guide, Andres, was extremely informative. Thanks again for all your help!!! We have been recommending the Encantada to everyone we meet. :)
Kerri Thorp & Dana Brady, USA. 21st June 2009
- If you are interested in other trips Jon or Mel (contact OLA Ecuador) are very flexible in handling any request you might have...and always with a smile on their face. Thanks for reading about some Ecuador experiences!