- Type of Adventure: Cultural visit to Otavalo markets with the chance to visit the leather town of Cotacachi and the crater lake of Cuicocha.
- Physical rating: 2-5 Otavalo is is situated at 2700m. We can spend the day strolling around the local markets or head up in to the high Andes for some trekking around Cuicochas crater lake. As always, you choose!
- Adventure rating: 4-6 this is a nice day trip with lots of local color and culture.
- Adventure Highlights: Otavalo Market, one of the biggest indigenous markets in Ecuador. Cuicocha, crater lake & Cotacachi, famous for it's leather goods.
- Approximate itinerary - always flexible to suit your needs.
- 08:30 - 10:00 Leave Quito heading north on the famous Pan Americana
- 10:00 - 10:30 Visit the Equatorial moment where you can have one foot in the Northern the other foot in the southern hemisphere.
- 11:30 - Arrive in Otavalo just in time to see the markets in full swing, hit the stalls for some serious sopping or sit back with a coffee taking the buz and colors of the local people.
- 13:00 - Lunch in Otavalo
- 14:00 - Option to keep shopping or maybe visit the Condor park? Or maybe some local trekking?
- 16:00 - Return to Quito
Mode of Transport. We will be traveling in a fully expedition equipped Toyota Land Cruiser 4×4. The Land Cruiser is both safe and comfortable and has legendary off road capabilities. On board we carry a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, maps, tools. The vehicle will be driven by a fully licensed truck/coach driver with many years of experience driving expeditions throughout Latin America.
Your guide. please choose a guide and let us know
. What’s included?
- Transport in a safe and comfortable 4×4, with plenty of space for you and your bags.
- Trained and experienced Mountain Guide will lead all of the treks.
- Entrance on to the equator museum.
- Personal snacks and drinks
- Lunch ($5)
- Optional Condor park ($4)
- Walking boots or strong trekking type shoes.
- Waterproof jacket.
- Sun glasses.
- Sun cream.
- Sense of adventure…!
- Would you like to reserve a space?
- Still not sure yet?
- Have more detailed Questions check out FAQ?
- Please do not hesitate to call or email…. English Spoken
Skype land line Click OLA. 00593 2 3818989
Visiting Otavalo and its surrounding areas, Then have a look at the links below .
|Waterfall near Otavalo||Cotocashi & Cuicotcha||Market see it all||Birds near Otavalo|