OLA Adventures offers an excellent selection of mini-tours (duration of 3-4 days). Feel free to combine different day trips to produce an exciting multi-day holiday of a lifetime. From relaxing in the thermal springs to mountain climbing, Ecuador has it all!
Terms & Conditions
Many of OLA Adventures tours are run by third parties for whom we act as an agent, and as such we are therefore bound by the third party terms and conditions. The legal jargon version of these conditions can be viewed below.
OLA Adventures would like to point out that whilst both we and our clients are bound by the official legal contract below, we always do everything possible to help and support our clients in the event of pre-tour or on-tour problems. We will also represent our clients in cases where we consider that the third party operator has been negligent of has not fulfilled their contractual obligation - this can include negotiation with third party operators for some form of refund and/or helping clients to lodge official complaints with the Chamber of Tourism depending upon the particular case.
In the case of client cancellation on Galapagos cruises then we can try to re-sell your tour spaces to other clients on your behalf. If we are successful in doing so then we may be able to give higher refunds. Each Galapagos yacht has a strict code of conduct which here at OLA we abide by.
In all cases OLA Adventures is also willing to assist with whatever documentation is required for a client to make an insurance claim back home.
OPERADORA OLA ADVENTURES
Please read these booking conditions carefully as by making a reservation you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the following conditions - no signature is necessary. Your contract is with Operadora OLA Adventures cia ltda based in Quito, Ecuador. OLA Adventures are hereinafter referred to as ‘the company’ in respect of the booking conditions which apply to all tours on offer including those operated by a third party.
1. THE CONTRACT: By making a reservation you are accepting on behalf of all your party the terms of these booking conditions. A binding contract shall exist between you and the company from the moment a deposit (or full) payment has been received by the company.
2. DEPOSIT & CONFIRMATION OF RESERVATION: Your reservation is confirmed by the company only after receipt of a 30% deposit payment which must be received within 1 week (7 days) of the original booking. In cases where reservation is made less than 61 days prior to trip departure then full tour payment is required within 1 week of the original booking.
3. PAYMENT: The full balance of the tour fare must be paid no later than 60 days prior to the departure date, otherwise the company may treat the booking as being cancelled by the client, and apply cancellation charges as set out in clause 5. Tickets will only be issued to a client once full payment has been received by the company.
4. BANKING CHARGES: The company reserves the right to charge clients for additional banking charges incurred during transfers over and above the standard cash handling fees that apply; in such cases the company will provide written evidence of the additional charges incurred.
5. CANCELLATION BY CLIENT: Cancellation of a booking must be made in writing and is not effective until such cancellation is received by the company.
If the cancellation is received more than 90 days before departure the appropriate deposit shall be refunded to the client minus a $100 service charge per person.
In the event of cancellation between 60 and 90 days prior to departure the client will lose 100% of the deposit payment as well as an additional $100 service charge per person.
In the event of cancellation less than 60 days prior to departure the client will lose 100% of the total tour value. Where full payment has not yet been received by the company the client accepts responsibility to make this payment to the company even though they will not partake in the tour.
The above cancellation fees do not apply for the following Galapagos yachts: Darwin, Seaman, Guantanamera, Cormorant II, Diamante, Sagitta, Samba, Seacloud, Maryann, Estrella del mar, Monserrat I, Monserrat II.
6. CANCELLATION BY THE COMPANY OR THIRD PARTY OPERATORS: the company and third pary operators reserve the right to cancel the tour in any circumstances of force majeure, changes in Ecuadorian law or national park regulations, or mechanical failures of yachts. In circumstances where a third party operator is unable to provide the tour booked, it is their responsibility to return to the client all monies paid or provide an alternative holiday of comparable standard.
7. ALTERATION TO ITINERARIES, ETC: The itinerary is suggested only. Both the company and third party operators reserve the right to alter or change their itinerary without prior notice and/or to change the tour for an appropriate alternative service where deemed necessary. Furthermore, compensation is not available if the company is forced to cancel or in any way change the tour due to force majeure, namely war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions or other material or external circumstances beyond the company’s control.
8. TRANSPORTATION TO THE TOUR ASSEMBLY POINT: The client is responsible for making his or her own arrangements to arrive at the tour assembly point ( Quito airport). There are no arrangements in existence should the client be delayed at the outward or homeward points of departure.
9. LIABILITY: Clients’ bookings are accepted on the understanding that they appreciate the possible risks inherent in adventure travel and that they undertake the tours, treks or expeditions featured in the programme at their own volition.
10. TRAVEL INSURANCE: Travel insurance is mandatory for all clients. Before the client commences a tour he or she must arrange his or her insurance with a reputable insurer, with protection for the full duration of the tour, to cover personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, loss of luggage and the expenses associated with cancellation or curtailment or a tour. If a client becomes ill, all hospital expenses, doctor’s fees and repatriation costs are the client’s responsibilities and the company shall not be liable for any refund of the tour cost. By making a tour reservation the client accepts responsibility for being in sufficiently good health to partake in the tour in question.
11. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE: If the client has a problem during the tour, the client should inform OLA Adventures immediately and in writing who will endeavour to put things right wherever possible.
12. REFUNDS: The company will not be responsible for giving refunds for any circumstances on your tour arising beyond the company's control.
13. INFORMATION: Information given in the itinerary and tour services is given in good faith by the company, and is based on the latest information available at the date of publication.
14. TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION: It is the responsibility of the client to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits and vaccination and other medical certificates as may be required for the whole of the tour. The company does not accept responsibility for changes in regulations for visas or any particular requirements for visas. The company cannot be held responsible for the failure of the client to obtain the necessary visas or travel documentation.
15. SPECIAL REQUESTS: Special dietary requirements must be advised in writing to the company at the time when the client makes a booking. The company will communicate the requirements to the Galapagos boat operator but do not assume responsibility for the due action any operator takes with this information.
Last Updated ( Sunday, 29 November 2009 15:13 )