Welcome to Carihuairazo!
Thank you for participating in our tour, below, details and recommendations
(Subject to variations due to unforeseen circumstances during the trip)
· 3h30 Meeting at our office in Av. Valladolid and Coruña. Ed. Brana N24-663 (3 blocks from Artigas square).
· 4h00 Departure
· 4h01 Talk about the content of the tour
· 4h05 Explanation about the care and responsibility of the equipment delivered
· 4h15 Start of group presentation dynamics
· 4h30 Talk about the location of the Ecuadorian Andes
· 5h00 Stop 15 min at the Terpel Gas Station (bathroom, shopping)
· 5h15 Departure
· 6h00 Talk about equipment, food and hydration
· 6h45 Explanatory talk, progression of large groups, behavior and collaboration
· 8h00 Start of walk
· 2:00 pm Arrival at the Carihuairazo Summit 5018 meters above sea level
· 14h15 Start descent
· 17h00 Approx. Arrival by bus, return to Quito
· 18h30 Stop for food
· 7:30 pm We return to Quito
· 21h25 Farewell 21h30 Arrival at the Office
• Sneakers with traction for trekking of high type boots (not converse, not sole shoes)
• High warm socks
• Warm trousers 1st warm. layer (jeans are not recommended).
• Waterproof pants 2nd. cap
• Buso sheltered 1st. layer (Polartec type)
• Warm sweater 2nd. cap
• Chompa breaks winds with hood 3ra. cap
• Buff neckband or scarf.
• Waterproof thermal gloves
• Small backpack (30 kls.) For box lunch, clothes, etc.
• Replacement clothing (shoes, pants, sweater)
• Trekking sticks
• We will not have height problems, however it is recommended the previous days an intake of foods rich in garlic, lemon, pearl onion, legumes and vegetables and plenty of water.
• Rest well the night before so you can fully enjoy this enriching experience.
• The lunch provided is very sustained, however it is very important to come with a very good breakfast.
• Important to have a camera (cell phone is enough) to immortalize those moments.
• Come with a great predisposition to enjoy to the fullest and get the most out of this trip.
- Up to 7 days before departure, 100% refund.
- Up to 5 days before departure, 50% refund (change of destination is recommended)
- All reimbursements will be credited to a next tour on a credit note.
- 4 days or less does not apply refund.
In case of requiring the private guidance of our guides, these services are available only through the agency and an advisor. All our guides have signed an exclusivity contract which does not allow them to guide any of our passengers directly outside of the programs or tours in any modality, whether it is paid or simple accompaniment.